Our Location ~
Torbay has all the facilities you would expect of a major holiday resort with 2 marinas, 3 bustling harbours, award winning beaches, excellent shops, cafes, restaurants, ferries and Geopark status.
The Redcliffe is an ideal place to stay to explore some of the best attractions, activities and places of interest in and around Torquay and across the whole of the south-west region.
Museums and Gardens, History, culture or the arts are well catered for in South Devon. Excellent museums, castles, gardens, National Trust properties and other fascinating places to visit and explore.
Family Days Out
Many family friendly attractions and exciting activities to try are within an easy reach including Paignton Zoo and the steam railway.
Beautiful Devon Beaches
There are some excellent seaside locations to explore locally. Wonderful beaches ideal for swimming, surfing and rock-pooling.
Some local and regional attractions and activities include:
- Boat trips around Torbay and to the coastal towns of Brixham and Dartmouth – famous for sailing and the Britannia Royal Naval College
- Night Clubs – Torquay is famous for its excellent nightlife
- Kents Cavern – underground caves
- Cockington Park – a living museum of a traditional English village (just a short walk from central Torquay)
- Agatha Christie Mile (the author was born and raised in Torquay)
- Coastal walks and many beautiful sandy beaches
- Splashdown – waterpark with big water slides
- Plymouth – a city with a rich maritime history. (the Pilgrim Fathers set sail from Plymouth’s Barbican for America)
- Totnes town with old castle and alternative lifestyles
- Babbacombe Model Village (mini-England)
- Torre Abbey – Historical building with museum and art gallery
- Exeter – Cathedral and Market City, historic quayside and great shopping
- Paignton and Dart Valley Steam Railway
- Evening pub tours, pub quiz evenings and live music evenings
- Restaurants, Cinemas and Theatres
- Riviera Centre – Sports and leisure complex
- Dartmoor National Park with its wild ponies, spectacular scenery and great hiking and climbing possibilities